Monday, October 20, 2008

Hey you, get off of my cloud.

So the original idea Ellis and I came up with for advertising the New Media school involved an underground advertising campaign involving a pirate broadcast on JagTV and distribution of an unauthorized New Media newsletter.  I know it goes against what many people lean towards naturally, but I think the way to make this easily viable is just to cooperate with the school and make the campaign legitimate.  I think the key to maintaining the excitement of the campaign is to make it still appear to be illegal activity.  Make the JagTV broadcasts a War of the Worlds-type thing where none of the viewers realize what they're seeing is completely planned and anticipated.  Maybe that's a poor analogy, but hopefully you understand what I mean.  The same approach to the newsletter would also work, but I feel like it would really lose some of its spirit if it wasn't a little bit snarky about the program and even professors, so the administration would have to be convinced to let that sort of thing get published; a lot of compromise would be involved.

1 comment:

ninjakitty said...

heheh snarky!! that's a fun word to say.

I liked this idea, I think it'd be a lot of fun to see what would end up in the newsletter. :D