Saturday, October 18, 2008

Bliss

For my bliss assignment, I actually ended up taking a whole evening. I got home from work a little after 5, messed around for a little while, then decided, "screw it, I'm just not going to do anything school-related this entire evening." I have to say, it was kind of a relief. It was probably the first evening I can remember recently where I was able to just sit back and enjoy what I wanted to do. This has been a hectic semester for me, so even when I allow myself a little time to do something unrelated to school I still feel guilty about it the entire time. In this case, since I had just decided ahead of time that I wasn't going to do anything it somehow allowed me to forget about it for awhile.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to work on school work today (Saturday) as I have a family function to go to, but I do feel a little more motivated to sit down and knock out some work, so I'm going to take advantage of the situation with the time I have. I'm going to try to get myself to use this technique in the future. I always have a tendency to sort of guiltily take a little time for myself and that just saps the enjoyment out of it. Then when I go back to work I still don't feel like doing it and I just fiddle around instead of focusing. I think if I schedule some time to forget about work I'll be more productive in the long run. The trick will be to limit myself to a reasonable amount of time instead of taking an entire evening.

No comments: