Sunday, September 14, 2008

Egg Talk

I went back and reviewed several of the egg posts (admittedly not all of them) and I still have to stick with my gut and say that I liked Evan Roberts' video that we viewed in class the best. My concentration is digital storytelling so I just like to see someone actually go out and make a unique story with a visual style that is very simple, but fits perfectly with the rest of the project. In fact it makes me a little ashamed that I didn't try to make a story myself. Of course, the legs tore off my egg with just 2 seconds of stop motion animation so that sort of took away my options, but still... Anyway, I think the voice acting was probably the strongest part of the video; if I had to choose a weakest part I would probably say the ending. I know the destruction of the egg was for comedic value, but I didn't really feel like it added much and almost seemed a little crude after the animation from earlier. Regardless, well done Evan, it was great.

No comments: